The Lorin family loves challenges.
For 25 years, the Lorin family has developed its strategy to enable Walor to be a European leader in the field of mechanical parts.
In 1993, two friends, Jim Wallart and Jacky Lorin helped each other to create a free cutting business: Walor.
The first challenge was to start the production of stainless steel airbag parts, from two second-hand machines over 20 years old.
The second was to invest more than 10% of turnover in new equipment to increase and diversify production.
Then, the establishment of sites abroad (the Czech Republic, Romania, Mexico), allowed us to get closer to international customers.
The successful takeover of two sites in 2015 (Saint-Pierre-en-Faucigny and Le Chambon-Feugerolles) has introduced the group into a pioneering free cutting, the Arve Valley.
Finally, the latest challenge is the purchase of Gévelot Extrusion in 2017, a group with more than 100 million euros of turnover. Thanks to this Walor has broadened its skills and expanded its range of parts.
These successes have enabled Walor to become a key global player in the automotive subcontracting sector.
In 1919, Eugène Maître, a pioneer in free cutting, moved to the Arve Valley and helped to make it a global benchmark.
In 1994, LC-Maître, La Clusienne and Comtat Désire Numérique merged their know-how and created the Saint-Pierre-en-Faucigny plant (Haute-Savoie).
In 1955, Fritz Dold launched a stamped parts operation in Vöhrenbach (cutting and stamping) in the new LangenbacherStraße a stamped parts operation in Vöhrenbach (cutting and stamping) in the new LangenbacherStraße factory, then cold extrusion in 1958.
In 1959, start of the production of brake pistons, cold forgings for automobiles, on the Laval site created in 1939 by Gévelot.
The site of Toucy (then TMG) founded in 1962, starts the manufacture of gear synchronization rings for Simca.
Today the site is specialist in the production of long pivots.
The Offranville site was created by Luchaire in 1974 to produce gearbox shafts and shells. In 1989, the site was converted to the production of transmission shafts, airbag bodies and steering column shafts.
The factory of Chambon-Feugerolles comes from a company created in 1986 and established on the current site since 1996.
Creation of Walor in Legé by Jacky Lorin and his friend Jim Wallart. Professional machining, they are launching an innovative process of stainless steel turning that will ensure the development of the site.
Creation of the Research and Development Centre (Laval), with a unique test workshop in Europe. It is now home to Walor Innovation.
Eric Lorin, who joined as an operator in 1995, became CEO in 2004, establishes a new factory in Sf. Gheorghe (Romania) near one of the group’s main customers.
The Suzhou (China) site was founded in 2012 to meet the needs of the Chinese car market. Located near Shanghai, it supplies the main automotive players.
Establishment of the Irapuato plant in Mexico to serve the North American market.
Acquisition of the sites of Saint-Pierre-en-Faucigny and Chambon-Feugerolles by Walor.
Acquisition of the Gévelot group’s forge activities (Vöhrenbach, Laval, Offranville, Toucy, Suzhou).
The group is consolidating its different cultures and outlooks in order to develop a strategy common to all the factories. This strategic reinforcement begins with the deployment of a new logo that unites all of Walor’s employees and know-how.